This project is read-only.

Could not load file or assembly...

Mar 13, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Edited Mar 13, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I get the follwoing error on Windows 2008 R2

HVBackup -l VM -o \\server\share

Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AlphaVSS.60.x86, Version=1.1.3000.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3033cf2dbd31cad3' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)
   at Alphaleonis.Win32.Vss.VssUtils.LoadImplementation()
   at Cloudbase.Titan.HyperV.Backup.BackupManager.BackupSubset(IDictionary`2 vmNamesMapSubset, String backupOutputPath, String backupOutputFormat)
   at Cloudbase.Titan.HyperV.Backup.BackupManager.VSSBackup(IEnumerable`1 vmNames, VMNameType nameType, String backupOutputPath, String backupOutputFormat, Boolean singleSnapshot)
   at Cloudbase.Titan.HyperV.Backup.CLI.Program.Main(String[] args)

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I am getting the same error On Server 2008 R2 Ent.

Mar 19, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I also get the same error but i'm using Server 2008

Mar 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Hello,

I have same problem on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Hi Guys,

I added the missing assembly to the zip file available in the Downloads.

Please let me know if this solves your issue. Being an x64 app it should look for the x64 version, so I'd like to investigate this issue.

Thanks,

Alessandro

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Hello,

I test and have new issue

Backing up all VMs on this server
Initializing VSS
Error: An unexpected error occurred. The error code is logged in the error log f
ile.
   at Alphaleonis.Win32.Vss.VssBackupComponents.InitializeForBackup(String xml)
   at Cloudbase.Titan.HyperV.Backup.BackupManager.BackupSubset(IDictionary`2 vmN
amesMapSubset, String backupOutputPath, String backupOutputFormat)
   at Cloudbase.Titan.HyperV.Backup.BackupManager.VSSBackup(IEnumerable`1 vmName
s, VMNameType nameType, String backupOutputPath, String backupOutputFormat, Bool
ean singleSnapshot)
   at Cloudbase.Titan.HyperV.Backup.CLI.Program.Main(String[] args)

Thanks,

Robert

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Hey Alessandro,

I tested the new files and I go this error:

HVBackup -a -o j:\hyperv-backups

Cloudbase HyperVBackup 1.0 beta1Copyright (C) 2012 Cloudbase Solutions Srl

http://www.cloudbasesolutions.com
Backing up all VMs on this server

Initializing VSS

Error: An unexpected error occurred. The error code is logged in the error log file.   at Alphaleonis.Win32.Vss.VssBackupComponents.InitializeForBackup(String xml)   at Cloudbase.Titan.HyperV.Backup.BackupManager.BackupSubset(IDictionary`2 vmNamesMapSubset, String backupOutputPath, String backupOutputFormat)   at Cloudbase.Titan.HyperV.Backup.BackupManager.VSSBackup(IEnumerable`1 vmNames, VMNameType nameType, String backupOutputPath, String backupOutputFormat, Boolean singleSnapshot)   at Cloudbase.Titan.HyperV.Backup.CLI.Program.Main(String[] args)

Thanks,

Joshua

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Hi guys,

I think I found the issue. VS11 generated the HVBackup.exe  as x86 instead of x64 (considering that I set the output to x64 is something to investigate).

I regenerated the zip can you please download it again and test?

Thanks,

Alessandro

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Hello, Alessandro

I run backup, thats looks OK, tommorow i test restore and after write feedback

Thanks

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Great,

as you probably know from the project's homepage the restore needs to be performed manually at this stage. I'm going to deploy a restore feature soon, but I'd like to have some community driven suggestions on the features to be included, considering in particular deployment on new VMs etc.  

Thanks,

Alessandro

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Hey, Alessandro,

I was able to complete a backup as well.

Thanks!

Joshua

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Joshua,

thanks! let me know if you have any feedback and features requirements. 

Alessandro

Mar 30, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Hello, Alessandro

What do you meen about manual restore ???

Restore whith xcopy, or... ???

Thanks

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Hello Alessandro,

Awesome software!!!, Thank you for making this freely available.

Successfully tested a backup and manual restore of a single VM

As far as feedback, concerning the restore, more of a complaint with Hyper-V, wish there was a way to add a VM to inventory, the same as you can do with VMware, maybe they will do a better job with Hyper-V 3

Thank you again

Vince

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Thanks Vince :-)

I'll add the option to add a backed up VM to the inventory, it's in the works :-)

In the meantime did you check Import-VM in the PSHyperV Powershell suite?

Alessandro